[j-nsp] Nested policies in ERX platforms

Szabó Gábor - COM FN TSS szabo.gabor at siemens.com
Tue Sep 6 07:18:05 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Is it possible to configure nested policies in ERX for the same traffic?

What I want to achieve:

A) Incoming traffic should be filtered based on combination of ClassifierList A1 (forward), ClassifierList A2 (drop), ClassifierList A2 (forward) (Note: A1 is a subset of A2, A3 is the rest)
B) The traffic was forwarded by point A) should be rate-limited by ClassifierList B1,...ClassifierList Bn (non-overlapping classifiers)
C) The forwarded and rate-limited traffic should be policy-based-routed by ClassifierList C1(next-hop)

This is the whole task.

If it is not poosible I can do point A) with an external L2 switch but point B) & C) still has to be configured on ERX.

In the documentation I have found only examples for single-level policies (no next-term or next-policy action types like in JUNOS.)

Any advise is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Gabor Szabo