[j-nsp] RE: ERX ATM traffic shaping parameters

Fran Singer fsinger at juniper.net
Tue Sep 6 18:36:11 EDT 2005

Publications has received to these questions from JUNOSe Software
Engineering, in case this information is of interest to the wider
juniper-nsp audience.
1. The parameters specified in the atm pvc command are applied to egress
only.
2. There is no ATM-specific alarm/trap generated when the rate limit is
reached or exceeded. In simpler cases, you can use Event Manager to
generate such traps based on transmitted bytes statistic change.