[j-nsp] Cisco ACS - Juniper Router Tacacs Authorization

Ravindra Botkar ravibotkar at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 12:37:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

 I am pasting notes from Juniper Networks site here:

Configuring Juniper Networks-Specific TACACS+
Attributes:
The JUNOS software retrieves these attributes through
an authorization request of the TACACS+ server after
authenticating a user. You do not need to configure
these attributes to run JUNOS with TACACS+.

To specify these attributes, include a service
statement of the following form in the
TACACS+ server configuration file:

service = junos-exec {
   local-user-name = <username-local-to-router>
   allow-commands = "<allow-commands-regexp>"
   allow-configuration =
"<allow-configuration-regexp>"
   deny-commands = "<deny-commands-regexp>"
   deny-configuration = "<deny-configuration-regexp>"
  }

Regards

--- "Johnson, Matthew (Matthew)" <johnsonm at lucent.com>