[j-nsp] Will CF sizes other than 256M work ok?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Sep 23 16:21:26 EDT 2005

> Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:12:21 -0500
> From: "info at beprojects.com" <info at beprojects.com>
> Sender: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
>
> I don't know about that, but I've been trying to get some 256M SanDisk
> CF cards for several weeks and it seems everybody is sold out and on a
> long term backorder.  I ended up googling and finding them at
> http://www.memorysuppliers.com/ and they were pretty cheap too.  If you
> can't find them local, you might try them (I am in no way affiliated
> with them, I just purchased four cards from them earlier in the week and
>   they actually had them in stock and shipped the same day, which is a
> lot more than I can say for buy.com and amazon.com).

If you are buying your own flash, you really want to be sure to get
industrial rated cards. They are about twice the price, but hare rated
for a lot more cycles than the consumer stuff. (And both are cheap
enough that it's silly to NOT get them after all that the router cost.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)