[j-nsp] No export from cflowd enabled POS interface

Erik Haagsman erik at we-dare.net
Tue Sep 27 06:16:54 EDT 2005

Hi Joe,

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 11:57 +0800, Joe Shen wrote:

> We only sampling egress links which connects to ISP.

Which is probably your problem since..

<snippet>

> > >       unit 0 {
> > >             family inet {
> > >                 filter {
> > >                     input netflow;
> > >                     output netflow;
> > >                 }
> > >                 address 10.10.41.251/30;
> > >             }
> > >             family iso;
> > >         }

</snippet>

..you're sampling both ingress as well as egress on the same interface
while not sampling at all on your internal link(s). Just sample ingress
on all interfaces carrying traffic to and from your router and you
should be fine. If you're still missing traffic when just sampling
ingress on all links then either your sample rate is too low and you're
not sampling enough pps compared to your traffic level or you've got
traffic running past your sampling filters.

Cheers,

Erik

--
---