[j-nsp] as-path rewrite

Rafal Szarecki (WA/EPO) rafal.szarecki at ericsson.com
Tue Sep 27 07:10:57 EDT 2005

Sorin,

The juniper "set loops 2" is the same as ciscos "allow-in". So What do not use them if you use allows-in?

Try to use AS-overide on ebgp session. this has to be don on AS2 CE on session to global instance.

"local-as" do not solve your problem. This do not overwrite real AS. thay just add "virtual" AS in between neighbors. If you define AS3 as local AS between AS 1 and AS 99, on path you will see "1 3 99 2".

Rewrittink of AS-PATH is impossible. And this is good. Let imagine World wide inconsistency. AS pre RFC1771 AS-PATH attribute is used to AVOID LOOPS. So any misteak here can ...

The other concept is to as customer to:
do not advertize prefixes lerned from VPN to Internet connection (wuith AS1 on path)
create aggregate route on CE in AS2 which represent whole AS1.

Sorin, are you work for ROMTELECOM?

Rafal Jan Szarecki JNCIE #136
Senior Consultant - Datacom Networks
Ericsson Poland EPO/S/D
Office: +48 22 6916635
ECN:    837 6635
Mobile: +48 602418971
Skype: callto://Rafal_Szarecki <callto://Rafal_Szarecki/>