[j-nsp] as-path rewrite

Sorin CONSTANTINESCU consta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 08:15:33 EDT 2005

On 9/27/05, Rafal Szarecki (WA/EPO) <rafal.szarecki at ericsson.com> wrote:
> Sorin,
>
> The juniper "set loops 2" is the same as ciscos "allow-in". So What do not use them if you use allows-in?

I didn't find a per-neighbor setting of loops.

> Try to use AS-overide on ebgp session. this has to be don on AS2 CE on session to global instance.
>
> "local-as" do not solve your problem. This do not overwrite real AS. thay just add "virtual" AS in between neighbors. If you define AS3 as local AS between AS 1 and AS 99, on path you will see "1 3 99 2".

I had a hunch...

> Rewrittink of AS-PATH is impossible. And this is good. Let imagine World wide inconsistency. AS pre RFC1771 AS-PATH attribute is used to AVOID LOOPS. So any misteak here can ...

I can definatelly see the advantage of not rewriting the AS-PATH.

> The other concept is to as customer to:
> do not advertize prefixes lerned from VPN to Internet connection (wuith AS1 on path)
> create aggregate route on CE in AS2 which represent whole AS1.

AS1 has 2 transit providers (AS2 is one of them). If AS2 aggregates
the prefix received from AS1, wouldn't there be a problem that the
same prefix have origin in AS1 and AS2?

The ugly solution that the customer agreed to configure on his routers
was an EBGP Multihop session between 2 routers in AS1/AS2.

> Sorin, are you work for ROMTELECOM?

No. Why do you ask?

PS: Brick asks you if you threw his jacket :)