[j-nsp] as-path rewrite

Peter Lundqvist plundqvi at juniper.net
Tue Sep 27 08:25:15 EDT 2005

Sorin CONSTANTINESCU wrote:
> On 9/27/05, Rafal Szarecki (WA/EPO) <rafal.szarecki at ericsson.com> wrote:
>
>>Sorin,
>>
>>The juniper "set loops 2" is the same as ciscos "allow-in". So What do not use them if you use allows-in?
>

> I didn't find a per-neighbor setting of loops.

lunkan at junos_access# set routing-options autonomous-system 1111 loops 2

>>Try to use AS-overide on ebgp session. this has to be don on AS2 CE on session to global instance.

lunkan at junos_access# set routing-instances vrf_1 protocols bgp group x
as-override

>>"local-as" do not solve your problem. This do not overwrite real AS. thay just add "virtual" AS in between neighbors. If you define AS3 as local AS between AS 1 and AS 99, on path you will see "1 3 99 2".
>>

> I had a hunch...
>

>>Rewrittink of AS-PATH is impossible. And this is good. Let imagine World wide inconsistency. AS pre RFC1771 AS-PATH attribute is used to AVOID LOOPS. So any misteak here can ...
>>

> I can definatelly see the advantage of not rewriting the AS-PATH.

and the possability for doing mistakes :)

>>The other concept is to as customer to:
>>do not advertize prefixes lerned from VPN to Internet connection (wuith AS1 on path)
>>create aggregate route on CE in AS2 which represent whole AS1.
>

> AS1 has 2 transit providers (AS2 is one of them). If AS2 aggregates
> the prefix received from AS1, wouldn't there be a problem that the
> same prefix have origin in AS1 and AS2?
>

> The ugly solution that the customer agreed to configure on his routers
> was an EBGP Multihop session between 2 routers in AS1/AS2.
>

>>Sorin, are you work for ROMTELECOM?
>

> No. Why do you ask?
>

> PS: Brick asks you if you threw his jacket :)
>

>>Rafal Jan Szarecki JNCIE #136
>>Senior Consultant - Datacom Networks
>>Ericsson Poland EPO/S/D
>>Office: +48 22 6916635
>>ECN:    837 6635
>>Mobile: +48 602418971
>>Skype: callto://Rafal_Szarecki <callto://Rafal_Szarecki/>

Peter Lundqvist - Beta Engineering
Juniper Networks
Mobile: +46702060472
URL   : http://www.juniper.net