[j-nsp] Flapping GE Module causing FEB to reboot

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Apr 3 16:00:58 EDT 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Joerg Staedele / Trusted Network wrote:
> half an hour ago, our Peering Interface (GigE) went down due to some
> hardware problems at the IXP.
>
> The interface went down, all (190) BGP Sessions were dropped and
> somehow the FEB rebooted at the same time.

Most old, non-QPP fixed-optic GE cards have firmware which may result
in this behaviour.  The card firmware can be updated by JTAC only.
This is PR29528.

You can check whether a fixed-optic GE firmware is affected by running
'show pic X firmware' on the FPC and checking that the revision number
is at least 16 or so..