[j-nsp] Flapping GE Module causing FEB to reboot

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue Apr 4 06:57:33 EDT 2006

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Joerg Staedele / Trusted Network wrote:
>> Most old, non-QPP fixed-optic GE cards have firmware which may result in
>> this behaviour.  The card firmware can be updated by JTAC only. This is
>> PR29528.
>
> The PR29528 is JunOS, not firmware related and we're already running 7.4R2.6

The bug description is probably not accurate.. it's talking about M160
and M40e as well, but it's present on the others as well.

> I have two coredumps in /var/crash .. but i dont know how to "read" or
> debug them.

I don't recall anymore whether you can debug these (as they come from
FPCs, so I'm not sure if the executable is there to get the debug
symbols) by running gdb on the router.. you can try.  In any case, you
can just open a JTAC case and they'll analyze it for you.