[j-nsp] Flapping GE Module causing FEB to reboot

Hannes Gredler hannes at juniper.net
Tue Apr 4 06:42:42 EDT 2006

> I have firmware 13 on the GE module :(
>
> The PR29528 is JunOS, not firmware related and we're already running 7.4R2.6
>
> I have two coredumps in /var/crash .. but i dont know how to "read" or
> debug them.

you'd need the symbol files to get meaningful data out of the core dump;

your friendly customer-support engineer in JTAC knows how to do this
and can analyze if the crash backtrace is known or not -
all you have to do is opening up a case (direct or via your partner)
and have the core-dumps ready;

/hannes