[j-nsp] Flapping GE Module causing FEB to reboot

Josef Buchsteiner josefb at juniper.net
Tue Apr 4 10:27:00 EDT 2006

Joerg,
      trust Pekka he was right spot on. Don't run diagnostic on the
      box just like that. You have to do much command before results
      are meaning full. So get in contact with jtac and they will
      provide you with a solution to your problem.

      josef

JSTN>
JSTN>
JSTN> Pekka Savola wrote:

 >>> The PR29528 is JunOS, not firmware related and we're already running
 >>> 7.4R2.6
 >>
 >> The bug description is probably not accurate.. it's talking about M160
 >> and M40e as well, but it's present on the others as well.
 >>
 >>> I have two coredumps in /var/crash .. but i dont know how to "read" or
 >>> debug them.
 >>
 >> I don't recall anymore whether you can debug these (as they come from
 >> FPCs, so I'm not sure if the executable is there to get the debug
 >> symbols) by running gdb on the router.. you can try.  In any case, you
 >> can just open a JTAC case and they'll analyze it for you.

JSTN>
JSTN>  I think i already found my problem. I did some testing and diagnostics
JSTN>  and found out that the SRAM on the FEB is corrupt :(
JSTN>
JSTN>  At least the diagnostic-commands on the FEB say that. (I get
JSTN>  disconnected from the FEB when running the test after it showed me some
JSTN>  "Invalid SRAM" messages)
JSTN>
JSTN>  :(
JSTN>