[j-nsp] What are L2 channel errors?

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Wed Apr 5 20:52:35 EDT 2006

50/sec seems unrealistic for DecNet to be the answer.  While this (and CDP
and other miscellaneous things that JunOS can't map right) may cause these
errors, the quantity is wrong unless you have a LOT of DecNet and are trying
to route it or something.  :)

I'd look more at VLANs.  If you are receiving tags that aren't configured on
the Juniper side, you may see the same thing, and the quantity there would
seem more realistic depending on how many you have going on.

On your Cisco side of the trunk, you can restrict the VLANS allowed across
with the "switchport trunk allowed ..." command.

HTH,

Scott