[j-nsp] [ERX] Help needed simulating ppp users

Guillet, David (David) dguillet at lucent.com
Mon Apr 17 12:13:39 EDT 2006

Hi,
	I'm trying to simulate a PPP user using a PPPoE connection according
to KA 200.

	I put the following configuration on my router but I could not make
it work :

	On ATM port 2/3 my simulated user is configured while in slot 2/2 I
create a static pppoe subinterface. Here is the conf detail :

int atm 2/3.0
atm pvc 100 0 100 aal5snap
encap pppoe
pppoe allow-client
pppoe subint atm 2/3.0.1
encap ppp
ip addr 11.11.11.11 255.255.255.255
pppoe test-client
ppp client chap hostname user1 at pppoe_dyn.lab password dynamic
ppp client ip-address 0.0.0.0

int atm 2/2.0
atm pvc 101 0 100 aal5snap
encap pppoe
pppoe subint atm 2/2.0.1
encap ppp
ppp auth chap
ip add 22.22.22.22 255.255.255.0
ip access-route

Does anyone have an idea of why this is not working ? I also tried to use
the atm int 2/3.0.1 and atm in 2/3.0.1 commands for creating the pppoe sub
interface but it's not working either.

Regards

David