[j-nsp] Two default Routes

Harshit Kumar harshit at juniper.net
Fri Aug 18 01:54:58 EDT 2006

Excerpt from the following text might answer it:

By default, when there are multiple equal-cost paths to the same
destination for the active route, the JUNOS software uses a hash
algorithm to choose one of the next-hop addresses to install into the
forwarding table. Whenever the set of next hops for a destination
changes in any way, the next-hop address is rechosen, also at using the
hash algorithm.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos70/swconfig70-policy
/html/policy-actions-config11.html