[j-nsp] Configuring aggregate link/lacp in juniper M160

Sundaresan Rajangam - TLS , Chennai sundaresanr at hcl.in
Tue Dec 5 01:40:47 EST 2006

Hello All

     I was not successful in configuring aggregate link in juniper M160.

     Could anyone pl help me out?

Aggregate link config in juniper

-------------------------------

[edit interfaces]

ae0 {
   aggregated-ether-options {
      lacp {
         active;
    }
 }
  unit 0 {
       family inet {
           address 20.20.20.1/24;
       }
   }
}

[edit chassis]

aggregated-devices {
   ethernet {
       device-count 1;
   }
}

[edit interfaces]

ge-3/0/0 {
   gigether-options {
       802.3ad ae0;
   }
}

o/p after configuring lacp on juniper
-----------------------------------

avici at PE_2# run show interfaces ae0
error: device ae0 not found

My doubt: How chassis and interface ae0 are related?

                 If the device-count is specified as 1, whether ae0 will get
created automatically?

Thanks

Sundar
DISCLAIMER
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the

named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its

affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and

may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,

dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this

message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly

prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender

immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses and

defect.