[j-nsp] Configuring aggregate link/lacp in juniper M160

Jared Gull jmgull at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 10:01:08 EST 2006

Sundar

The chassis configuration prepares the router to
support that number of aggregated interfaces.  Since
you're using ae0 the device count should be set to 1
as you've done.  Here's a quick test to show the
dependancy:

[edit]
root at Phanlanx# show interfaces
ae0 {
    aggregated-ether-options {
        lacp {
            active;
        }
    }
    unit 0 {
        family inet {
            address 20.1.1.1/24;
        }
    }
}

[edit]
root at Phanlanx# show chassis
aggregated-devices {
    ethernet {
        device-count 1;
    }
}

[edit]
root at Phanlanx# run show interfaces terse |match ae
ae0                     up    down
ae0.0                   up    down inet
20.1.1.1/24

[edit]
root at Phanlanx# deactivate chassis

[edit]
root at Phanlanx# commit
commit complete

[edit]
root at Phanlanx# run show interfaces terse |match ae

[edit]
root at Phanlanx# rollback 1
load complete

[edit]
root at Phanlanx# commit
commit complete

[edit]
root at Phanlanx# run show interfaces terse |match ae
ae0                     up    down
ae0.0                   up    down inet
20.1.1.1/24

In my case the interface is down since there are no
active member links.  My suggestion is that you try a
'commit full' to reapply your configuration.  Also,
just in case this does not work, please let me know
what version you are running so I can try it in my
lab.

HTHs..

Jared

--- "Sundaresan Rajangam - TLS , Chennai"