[j-nsp] GE SFP PIC working in new M7i but not in older M20 problem

F J ripprapp at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 12:27:00 EST 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to move a Gigabit PIC from an M7i (JunOS7.3) to an old M20
(JunOS8.1). When situated in the M7i the PIC is working fine but when I
insert it in the M20 it is never found.

I have other (older) Gigabit PICs in my M20 as well as ATM, FE and Tunnel
PICs and they are all working fine...

Any ideas why this (rather new) PIC isn't working in my (rather old) M20? I
only have FPCs (not E-FPCs) in my M20, could that be the reason?

Some printouts from my routers bellow...

BR
/// Fredrik

admin at M7> show chassis pic pic-slot 3 fpc-slot 0
PIC fpc slot 0 pic slot 3 information:
  Type                             1x G/E SFP, 1000 BASE
  ASIC type                        SFP GE FPGA
  State                            Online
  PIC version                  1.7
  Uptime                        2 minutes, 36 seconds

admin at M7> show chassis fpc detail 0
Slot 0 information:
  State                               Online
  Logical slot                      0
  Total CPU DRAM                  128 MB
  Total SRAM                        4 MB
  Total SDRAM                      64 MB
  Total notification SDRAM         12 MB
  I/O Manager ASIC information        Version 3.1, Foundry IBM, Part number
0
  Start time                          2006-12-18 10:26:36 CET
  Uptime                              3 minutes, 59 seconds

admin at M20> show chassis fpc detail 1
Slot 1 information:
  State                               Online
  Logical slot                      1
  Temperature                      27 degrees C / 80 degrees F
  Total CPU DRAM                    8 MB
  Total SRAM                        1 MB
  Total SDRAM                     128 MB
  Total notification SDRAM         24 MB
  I/O Manager ASIC information        Version 2.0, Foundry IBM, Part number
0
  Start time                          2006-12-18 10:26:27 CET
  Uptime                              32 seconds

admin at M20> show chassis pic fpc-slot 1 pic-slot 3
FPC slot 1, PIC slot 3 information:
  State                            Ready