[j-nsp] BGP Hold-times

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 10:37:32 EST 2006

On 28/12/06, Sabri Berisha <sabri at cluecentral.net> wrote:
> The following message may be of interest to you:
> http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2006-May/006542.html

Not quite sure how I managed to miss that.. sorry!

On a side note, a lot of places seem to have the 'oh noes a timer
under 10 seconds' woes. Does anyone know why? It seems... unlikely...
to me that an RE would ever have a time where it is consistantly, over
10 seconds, unable to reply to or generate a KA packet. Certainly on
the Cisco gear (2821s/4506s) where we're running a HT of 3 we've had
nearly 6 solid months of no problems and they aren't exactly
top-of-the-line bits of equipment.

Thanks,
Ras