[j-nsp] issue with internal flash upgrade kit on M7i

Hahn, Ch HahnC at t-systems.com
Tue Feb 7 09:33:58 EST 2006

Hi list,

I've just purchased the media upgrade kit for an M7i and installed the flash disk internally on the RE. Then I followed the installation instructions manual and did a "request systems snapshot partition" which finished without errors and rebooted the router as described in the manual.
But the router still boots from the internal HD. Every time I log in I can see a message that it is running from alternate media device /dev/ad1s1a. The internal flash card is shown as ad0 in "show system boot-messages".

I repeated the installation procedure but nothing changes. Now I'm a little bit lost and don't know how to tell the router to use ad0 (internal flash) as boot media. Can anybody give me a hint what went wrong or what to do?

best regards,
Christian Hahn

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Christian Hahn