[j-nsp] JUNOS syslog message explanation on LDP

Domiciano Alonso Fernández domiciano.alonso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 11:46:43 EST 2006

Hi

On 1/2/06, MONIEZ, DAMIEN (DAMIEN) <moniez at lucent.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         On a syslog machine, I see a message called RDP_OSPF_LDP_SYNC.
>         In the docs, the reason for such a message is
>                         "The OSPF protocol began advertising an infinite
> metric for the indicated interface the indicated number of seconds ago,
>                         because OSPF lost synchronization with the Label
> Distribution Protocol (LDP) on the interface."
>                 Action
>                 "Determine why LDP lost synchronization with OSPF."
>
>         My question : What is the meaning of OSPF and LDP
> desynchronisation
> ?

See

http://www1.ietf.org/proceedings_new/04nov/slides/mpls-7/sld1.htm

        does it mean that OSPF is up but LDP is down ?

Exact

In such situation, you don't have a continuous working LSP from ingress-PE
to egress-PE, so that you wouldn't want your VPN traffic to traverse that
link where LDP is not working.
We asked for it, but I did not know it was activated by default
Regards

        Thanks a lot.