[j-nsp] l3vpn BGP advertisements

juniper-nsp at nurk.org juniper-nsp at nurk.org
Tue Jul 18 19:32:09 EDT 2006

Hello,

I've created a VRF between 2 M20's. I currently have a policy that distributes
static and direct routes. The issue I'm having is junos doesn't seem to
advertise the route directly connected to an fe port. If I add a loopback
interface to the VRF it will advertise it's route though. I've tried adding a
static route to the fe interface, but junos complains about it not being a p2p
address. Is it possible to have a VRF hang off an interface w/o a CE router on
the other end?

As you can see below, junos shows the route as "Direct" for both loopback and
fe, but does not advertise the fe route...

> show configuration policy-options policy-statement mgt-vpn-export
term 1 {
     from protocol [ direct static ];
     then {
         community add mgt-vpn;
         accept;
     }
}

> show configuration routing-instances mgt-vpn
description "Management VPN";
instance-type vrf;
interface fe-0/0/1.0;
interface lo0.1;
route-distinguisher 12345:13;
vrf-import mgt-vpn-import;
vrf-export mgt-vpn-export;

> show route table mgt-vpn 10.4.18.0

mgt-vpn.inet.0: 4 destinations, 4 routes (4 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
+ = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both

10.4.18.0/24       *[Direct/0] 2d 16:58:45
                     > via fe-0/0/1.0

> show route table mgt-vpn 10.4.4.1

mgt-vpn.inet.0: 4 destinations, 4 routes (4 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
+ = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both

10.4.4.1/32        *[Direct/0] 1d 21:05:50
                     > via lo0.1

> show route advertising-protocol bgp <ip>

mgt-vpn.inet.0: 4 destinations, 4 routes (4 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
   Prefix                  Nexthop              MED     Lclpref    AS path
* 10.4.4.1/32             Self                         100        I
* 10.4.18.0/24            Not advertised               100        I

Thank you for any information you can provide...

--
Sean Swallow