[j-nsp] OSPF MTU-IGNORE?

Arda Balkanay wolverard at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 17:53:49 EDT 2006

The answer is "no" for setting mtu-ignore in juniper
side.
You can set the mtu in juniper to match with the cisco
but this may have a bad effect on your mpls network
(for jumbo frames). In cisco side you can configure
mpls mtu like:

interface FastEthernet9/1/1
 ip address my_ip_address
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 mpls ip
 mpls mtu 1550
 mpls traffic-eng tunnels
 no cdp enable
 ip rsvp bandwidth 100000
end
and mpls mtu and ip mtu is shown as:
XYZ#sh int fa 9/1/1
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,
XYZ#show mpls interfaces fastEthernet 9/1/1 detail
Interface FastEthernet9/1/1:
        IP labeling enabled (ldp):
          Interface config
        LSP Tunnel labeling enabled