[j-nsp] OSPF MTU-IGNORE?

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Wed Jul 19 17:13:44 EDT 2006

I think I follow, but besides the option of ignoring an explicit mtu
mismatch, which Juniper does not support, its seems you could also
reconfigure the JNI's MTU so that it matches the cisco/rest of the
subnet?

<<< default settings

[edit interfaces fe-0/3/1]
harry at vpn06# run show interfaces fe-0/3/1 | match mtu
  Link-level type: Ethernet, MTU: 1514, Speed: 100mbps, Loopback:
Disabled, Source filtering: Disabled,
    Protocol inet, MTU: 1500
    Protocol mpls, MTU: 1488

<< Smaller

[edit interfaces fe-0/3/1]
harry at vpn06# set mtu 1400

[edit interfaces fe-0/3/1]
harry at vpn06# commit
commit complete

[edit interfaces fe-0/3/1]
harry at vpn06# run show interfaces fe-0/3/1 | match mtu
  Link-level type: Ethernet, MTU: 1400, Speed: 100mbps, Loopback:
Disabled, Source filtering: Disabled,
    Protocol inet, MTU: 1386
    Protocol mpls, MTU: 1374

<<< Bigger

[edit interfaces fe-0/3/1]
harry at vpn06# set mtu 1570

[edit interfaces fe-0/3/1]
harry at vpn06# commit
commit complete

[edit interfaces fe-0/3/1]
harry at vpn06# run show interfaces fe-0/3/1 | match mtu
  Link-level type: Ethernet, MTU: 1570, Speed: 100mbps, Loopback:
Disabled, Source filtering: Disabled,
    Protocol inet, MTU: 1556
    Protocol mpls, MTU: 1544