[j-nsp] ERX Problem : MP BGP route import not working between 2 PE

Guillet, David (David) dguillet at lucent.com
Thu Jun 1 16:03:33 EDT 2006

Hi again I'm still stucked and lookin further to this problem when trying to
see BGP next hop of PE2 vrf I can see that PE1 loopback is not reachable :

run sh ip bgp vpn vrf vrf_green_to_cpe2 next-hops
Indirect next-hop a.a.a.a
  Reachable (metric 0)
  Direct next-hop ATM2/3.1011 (a.a.a.a)
  Reference count is 7

Indirect next-hop b.b.b.b
  MPLS stacked label-variable
  Not reachable
  Reference count is 7

So my guess is that PE1 loopback is not reachable from PE1 vrf and I had a
confirmation when trying to ping this loopback from the VRF context. Maybe
routes from PE1 are not installed because of this unreachability of PE1
loopback. Note that this is the same for PE2

Regards

David