[j-nsp] J2300 | T1 vs E1

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Thu Jun 15 10:51:33 EDT 2006

I believe these are different interface hardware modules, hence the
different part numbers. T1 signaling and E1 signaling differ in bitrate
and electrical characteristics at the physical layer. There are also
significant differences in the channelization/framing.

If you can obtain E1 service in North America, then you can use a unit
bought overseas, but it will be using E1 signaling.

HTHs