[j-nsp] OSPF in High-Availability environments

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 11:41:35 EDT 2006

On 19/06/06, Raymond Cheh <rcheh at juniper.net> wrote:
> Sending ICMP unreachable packets is independent of the routing protocol.
> Will enabling BFD help? It allows fast link failure detection.
>
> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos76/swconfig76-routin
> g/html/ospf-config29.html

On this note, how aggresively are people running these timers? All my
OSPF talking equipment have adjacencies over local FE/GE so transport
latency isn't really an issue.

I'm currently running two peers with minimum-interval 100 and
multiplier 3, but I'm wondering how much lower I can go. Can I pretend
to be SDH? :)

Thanks,
Ras