[j-nsp] OSPF in High-Availability environments

Raymond Cheh rcheh at juniper.net
Mon Jun 19 14:43:23 EDT 2006

Ras,

May I ask if you have any routing protocols running between the router
on the left (MSPBCR001P) and the clients side? If the client device
doesn't learn from this router that the route has been withdrawn,
MSPBCR001P will continue to send the ICMP unreachable back.

BTW, what is the media-type for EES00005LON? If the link goes down
during the link failure or node failure, MSPBCR001P should notice it
right away and ospf redo the spf and the blackholing situation should
not occur.

Thanks.

Raymond