[j-nsp] Juniper M7i and M10i equivalents from Cisco and Foundry worlds

dmitri at nominet.org.uk dmitri at nominet.org.uk
Mon Jun 26 06:22:30 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a task of enhancing natural diversity in our network. As part of
this task I need to find best matches for M7i and M10i from Foundry and
Cisco product lines in regard of feature set/expansibility. After looking
at the manufacturers web sites I have a preliminary table of equivalents:

Jiniper         Foundry         Cisco
M7i             XMR 4000                7301
M10i            XMR 4000                7304/7603

I'd be grateful if you could confirm these choices as close matches or
suggested alternatives.

Thanks in advance
Dmitri