[j-nsp] Juniper M7i and M10i equivalents from Cisco andFoundry worlds

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Mon Jun 26 08:24:19 EDT 2006

With either of them.  When you start looking at things here, you need to
consider the hardware pieces that make up each platform.  What are the
differences between the M7i and M10i as an example?  (Other than the obvious
number of PICs supported)

The same holds true on the Cisco side (I don't have enough experience with
Foundry to add that in).  If you have an identical CPU, memory and IOS
image, what are you comparing?

You're also looking at very generic lists here.  The answers may also vary
based on "how much" of "what specific stuff" you're trying to do.  But
generally speaking, I'd agree with the list supplied below.

HTH,

Scott