[j-nsp] mpls managemnet/provisioning software

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 18:06:01 EDT 2006

Hi,

 Of course Dorado's not the only player but it's afaik the most
preferred one due to several reasons, mainly being very close with
Juniper folks.

 Sheer was a close competitor for Dorado, though it seem to have lost
its popularity after being bought by Cisco.

 Other common monitoring software like HP or CA don't fully support
management, only monitoring.

 In my opinion, it depends on what you expect from the software you're
looking for. If your goal is only to make easy for network folks to do
the configuration on many routers, JunOScript might do the trick. In
case you're looking for a single point of management/monitoring etc,
Dorado seems the best solution available.

HTH

On 6/29/06, snort bsd <snortbsd at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks. But is "Dorado" the only game in town? Any
> other vendors?
>
> --- Ezequiel Carson <ezequiel at ifxnw.com.ar> wrote:
>
> > yes.
> >       Try ElDorado software
> >
> > ezeq.
> >
> > On Jun 27, 2006, at 2:02 PM, snort bsd wrote:
> >
> > > Hi:
> > >
> > > Does Juniper have mpls management/provisionin
> > software
> > > similar to Cisco IP Solution Center?
> > >

> > > Send instant messages to your online friends
> > http://
> > > au.messenger.yahoo.com

Erdem