[j-nsp] mpls managemnet/provisioning software

Pete Crocker pete at petecrocker.com
Fri Jun 30 10:46:36 EDT 2006

Packet Design offers an appliance that monitors the routing protocols: OSPF,
IS-IS, BGP, and MP-BGP for MPLS. Keeps track of things like PE participation
and prefix announcements in RTs historically, and alerting. Very useful in
monitoring/troubleshooting L3 VPN MPLS networks. Also helpful when LSP
problems are caused by underlying routing problems. FYI, this box is also
OEM'd by HP under the product name RAMS.

It can't help with provisioning though. HP has some tools for MPLS
provisioning and monitoring. They even have a Juniper solutions page:
http://h20229.www2.hp.com/partner/isv/Juniper_prod1.jsp

I don't have experience with those HP tools though.