[j-nsp] Rib groups

Rafal Szarecki (WA/EPO) rafal.szarecki at ericsson.com
Wed Mar 1 04:20:43 EST 2006

Hi   Piyush,

The use of rib-groups to atchive router leakinkg fron VRF to VRF on single PE is old scool way. In modern Junos releases you have "auto-export" feature.(I do not remember the version when auto-export arrive. Is supported at least all 7.x and most of 6.x).

With auto-export you can use route-tardet extended community to controll which routes will be leaked between VRFs.

Still rib-group way is valid and supported. They also offer much more flrxibility and as methodology is not linited to VRFs, as auto-export is. So is good to understand rib-group, but is auto-export do what you expect then this is simplest way.

(auto-export configuration knob makes behaviour of JNPR PE closer to Cisco PE)

Rafał Jan Szarecki JNCIE #136
Senior Consultant - Datacom Networks
Ericsson Poland EPO/S/D
Office: +48 22 6916635
ECN:    837 6635
Mobile: +48 602418971
Skype: callto://Rafal_Szarecki <callto://Rafal_Szarecki/>