[j-nsp] G/E, 1000 BASE-LX on both sides shows up but not pingable

Mohammed Nematullah Khan nematkhan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 23:08:02 EST 2006

Thanks for all the responses. I forgot to mention that this link is going
via Dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) transmission network. DWDM
transmission equipment is in the same building. I dont think so distance
should be a problem. One doubt.....whether DWDM supports Ethernet? I read
somewhere that it will support ATM and SONET/SDH. There is no mention of
Ethernet.

*Sunil *- There is nothing configured except duplex on both sides. If DWDM
supports Ethernet is there  any thing specific to configure under chassis or
GE interface.

Thanks,
MNK.