[j-nsp] disappearing backup-router under 7.4?

JAMES MCINVAILLE jmcinvaille at email.uophx.edu
Wed Mar 8 01:10:23 EST 2006

What you are probably seeing is the default action for the backup-router
command. It is meant to be a valid route to the management interface whilst
the router is booting and remain up until rpd starts. Once rpd starts, and
it is one of the last processes that starts, the route is removed. This is
meant to provide access to the router should there be a problem with rpd or
should it not start at all.

To do what I think you are trying to do, you can add a static route in
addition to the backup-router, so that after rpd starts you still have
access through the same gateway.

That help?

James "Mac" McInvaille
iPath Technologies