[j-nsp] Ascend-??? radius attributes on Juniper ERX

Blaz Zupan blaz at amis.net
Tue Mar 28 12:43:23 EST 2006

Is there a reason why Ascend-Data-Filter would be ignored on a Juniper ERX
BRAS? We do not have direct access to the BRAS (it is own by the incumbent
telco) but would like to configure filters using Ascend-Data-Filter. According
to the Juniper documentation, the attribute is supported and there are no
special commands to turn it on. The same radius profile works just fine with a
Cisco BRAS, so it must be something specific to the ERX. Interesting enough,
the Ascend-Client-Primary-Dns attribute does not work either, it should also
be supported according to the documentation. So the problem seems to be
specific to the Ascend-* attributes, other VSAs work just fine (like the
Unisphere-* VSAs, for example Unisphere-Primary-Dns).

And no, we do not want to Unisphere-Ingress-Policy-Name and
Unisphere-Egress-Policy-Name, as we want to control the filters from the
radius server not select an already preconfigured filter on the BRAS.

Any help will be appreciated.