[j-nsp] Receiving our own OSPF LSA...

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sun Nov 5 15:21:39 EST 2006

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006, Jee Kay wrote:
> I am increasingly getting this on a couple of routers in a remote part
> of the network... it's causing the router to revoke its own Router LSA
> (age 3600, flood), then readvertising it about 2 seconds later. At no
> point are any neighbours lost.
>
> I can't for the life of me see why this would be happening but it
> clearly is. I've checked for duplicate router IDs around the network
> and there aren't any... has anyone seen anything like this before?

I haven't seen this but this was a side topic in one of our cases
3.5 years ago (OSPF no longer came up to Cisco after SW upgrade due
to how routerID was selected).

The side conversation was that a duplicate prefix (a loopback or ptp
most probably) in different parts of the network would cause somewhat
similar behaviour.  This might be related.