[j-nsp] fxp1 and Alarm

Brendan Mannella bmannella at g3tech.net
Sun Nov 5 22:44:29 EST 2006

Hello,

I have 2 issues.

The first one is the RED ALARM light on the front of the craft-interface. I
cannot get it to go off for some reason. I did a “ show chassis alarms” and
it tells me that fxp0 is down. I tried disabling the fxp0 interface, but the
light still does not go out.

show chassis alarms

1 alarms currently active

Alarm time               Class  Description

2006-11-06 03:23:03 UTC  Major  Host 0 fxp0: Ethernet Link Down

show chassis craft-interface

Red alarm:               LED on, relay off

Yellow alarm:            LED off, relay off

Routing Engine OK LED:   On

Routing Engine fail LED: Off

FPCs     0  1

-------------

Green    *  *

Red      .  .

LCD screen:

     +--------------------+

     |ibr1.pit01          |

     |1 Alarm active      |

     |R: Host 0 fxp0: Link|

     | D                  |

Problem 2 is while trying to get the alarm to go away, I issued a “set
interface fxp1 disable” not knowing that was actually my PIC card. Once I
figured that out and re-enabled it, now I have the following in my config
and would like it to be hidden like it was again. Prior to me disabling the
fxp1 nothing was in my config referring to fxp1. So how do I hide the below
like it was.

}

    fxp1 {

        enable;