[j-nsp] Community tagging on export policy

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 18:45:27 EST 2006

Hi,

 Assuming the following scenario:

You own 1.1.1/24 and 2.2.2/24, you have 'Bgp-Export' as your export
policy to your upstream and don't want him to advertise 2.2.2/24 to
its peers.

He asked you to tag these prefixes with community 65000:1234 and it
will be done.

So you'll need something like the following _just for this_ (you'll
probably have more terms or even different hierarchy in your policy):

lab at Router# show policy-options policy-statement Bgp-Export
term My-Networks {
    from {
        route-filter 1.1.1.0/24 exact;
    }
    then accept;
}
term Blackhole_to_Peer {
    from {
        route-filter 2.2.2.0/24 exact;
    }
    then {
        community add dont-advertise-me;
        accept;
    }
}
term everything-else {
    then reject;
}
lab at Router# show policy-options community dont-advertise-me
members 65000:1234;

HTH

On 11/17/06, Kanagaraj Krishna <kanagaraj at aims.com.my> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've requested one of my upstream not to advertise our AS to their peers.
> They requested me to tag the routes that I don't want us to announce to peers
> with xxxxx:x. I would need to do the tagging in the export policy, right?. How
> would I configure these scenario? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Kana

Erdem