[j-nsp] source based routing

Manu Chao linux.yahoo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 14:49:28 EDT 2006

Hey,

What are the JUNOS best pratice to configure source (AND destination) based
routing?

Topology: multiple upstreams providers, Internet Exchange, customers...

Example:
I have a M20 connected to 3 upstreams provider (P1, P2, P3) and to 2
customers (C1, C2, C3).

I would like C1 use P1 by default for the outgoing trafic from me to
Internet.
For the return path, i will advertise C1 routes to P1 only but i have no
idea how to have a preference on P1 for C1. Same request for P2 and C2.

AFAIK, i need to create a firewall filter with different routing table, ok
but i need routing preference (Px prefered to Py), i dont want Px or Py
because for some destination i would like to use P1 and for other P2.

If you have any example for soaurce AND destination (using AS PATH or
communities instead of IP @), it will be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your help or tips :)
Manu