[j-nsp] Conditional Advertisemet?

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Thu Oct 5 16:38:37 EDT 2006

Not aware of any fixes for this particular issue in that book....but its
been a while since I looked at it. ;)

The scenario there was a bgp peer address (1.0.1.1) that resolved
initially through a default route, but once the session comes up we
learn a 10.0/16, which encompasses the bgp peering address, and is more
specific than the default that was initially used to resolve bgp peering
address. In this case we hide the 10.0/16 because installing it would
negate use of default route (more specific) and using  a /16 learned
over a bgp peering session to resolve the route to *that* bgp peering
address could be bad.

Regards, Harry