[j-nsp] BGP RR in MPLS VPN

Mounir Mohamed mounir.mohamed at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 03:28:44 EDT 2006

Dear,

Fom my point of view NO, becuase the RR will only forward the updates that
received from one PE to the other PE but in the same all the traffic toward
any destination that received from the RR will take an LSP based on the
running IGP as the RR forward the updates attached with next-hop that equal
to the orginator (PE1or PE2) so finally PE1 will received network X that
attached with Next-hope PE2 so any traffic toward this destination will
forward to PE2 ip addres which is learned via IGP, so the LSP will be
created to path through the P router as LSR not as RR.

I hope that help.

Best Regards,
Mounir Mohamed

On 10/9/06, Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim <ihsan.junaidi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Referring to the following terse diagram:
>
> PE1---P---PE2
>
> There exists LSPs to/fro PE1 to PE2 and P functions as RR to both PE1
> and PE2 as well as transit LSR. Must LSPs be created from the PEs to
> the RR and vice versa in order to have proper distribution of VPN-IPv4
> routes?
>
> --
> Thank you for your time,
> Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim