[j-nsp] Redistributing BGP labelled prefixes into OSPF

Hannes Gredler hannes at juniper.net
Thu Oct 19 14:41:16 EDT 2006

Jason Koh wrote:
> Hi Erdem
>
> Thanks for replying.
>
> I was trying to have a BGP peering between a Cisco ASBR and a Juniper ASBR
> that is labelled unicast. From the Cisco side, I was trying to restrict a
> specific prefix that is labelled to the M20 via a route-map which looks
> something like this:
>
> route-map LABEL permit 10
> match ip address prefix ALLOW-LABEL
> set mpls-label
>
> route-map LABEL permit 20
>

> ip prefix-list ALLOW-LABEL permit 192.168.38.19/32
>
> Now for the M20, when it receives the prefix, it puts it into inet.3.
> However it doesn't pass that inet.3 prefix to other routers in the OSPF
> domain. Hence I am looking for a solution to do something like this.

jason,

why do you want to export a labeled route to a protocol that does not
support the notion of labels ?

IMO there are two solutions paths:

1. if you don't care at all about labels then you should install your
   routes into inet.0 right away [i suspect that you do install your labeled
   routes into inet.3]

2. if you do care about labels then leave it into inet.3 and
   add to any of your ospf export policies the 'from rib inet.3' clause.

/hannes