[j-nsp] How to take Backup of Configuration file using FTP

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 10:40:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

 You have two options:

1) You can build a script on a server that connects to the box via FTP
and 'downloads' the configuration file every n time using crontab.
This user should at least have 'maintenance' privileges to download
the configuration:

class backup-dudes {
            permissions maintenance;

user backup-user {
            uid xxx;
            class backup-dudes;

2) You can have the router store a copy on the configuration file on
each commit or every x minutes to a remote FTP server:

user at host# show system archival
configuration {
    transfer-on-commit;
    archive-sites {
        "ftp://test:test123@ftp.somehost.com";
    }
}
For more options:

user at host# set system archival configuration ?
Possible completions:
+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
> archive-sites
  transfer-interval    Frequency at which file transfer happens
(15..2880 minutes)
  transfer-on-commit   Transfer after each commit

HTH
--
Erdem