[j-nsp] How to take Backup of Configuration file using FTP

Sinan İlkiz sinan.ilkiz at borusantelekom.com
Mon Oct 30 02:27:09 EST 2006

If you prefer the first option that Erdem suggested and dont want to deal with compressed configs, you can use the following knob to force JunOS to save configs as clear text. But i dont think it is a good practice.

[edit system]
sinani at Maslak-M7i# set ?
  no-compress-configuration-files  Don't compress the router configuration files

I personnally prefer backing up configs via a UNIX box every night, because sometimes our operators tend to commit too often when troubleshooting a customer problem.

Regards.