[j-nsp] m7i and tunnel pic

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Tue Sep 5 11:48:26 EDT 2006

Clearing some cobwebs, and thinking this is a function of whether you
get an ASM (the built-in module, which I did not think was field
upgradeable, i.e., its an order time option, vs. a ASP, which is a
standalone pic that can be installed in any open slot.

As I understand, the m7i either has the default TP or the optional ASM
in slot 1/1. In the latter case the ASM also provides the tunneling
services. There is 1Gbs of capacity to the internal service pic slot,
and it seems the ASM functions are capped to around 155 Mbps, which
leaves some 845 Mbps for tunnel services.

Cheers, and HTHs