[j-nsp] m7i and tunnel pic

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Tue Sep 5 12:58:17 EDT 2006

Thanks for the clarification. It seems you are correct, and that
*either* the TP or ASM is to be found in slot 1/2:

sharry at aep> show chassis hardware
Hardware inventory:
Item             Version  Part number  Serial number     Description
Chassis                                xxxx              M7i
Midplane         REV 01   710-008761   CA0013            M7i Midplane
. . .
FPC 1                                                    E-FPC
  PIC 2                   BUILTIN      BUILTIN           1x Tunnel
  PIC 3          REV 01   750-009098   CA0004            2x F/E, 100
BASE-TX

harry at bansuri> show chassis hardware
Hardware inventory:
Item             Version  Part number  Serial number     Description
Chassis                                xxxx              M7i
Midplane         REV 04   710-008761   CC7795            M7i Midplane
Power Supply 0   Rev 05   740-008537   QF21991           AC Power Supply
. . .

FPC 1                                                    E-FPC
  PIC 2          REV 07   750-009487   CE7161            ASP -
Integrated (Layer-2-3)
  PIC 3          REV 07   750-009098   CC7856            2x F/E, 100
BASE-TX

 Cheers