[j-nsp] GRE Tunnel - No Transit Traffic

Mellott, Eric mellotte at netcsc.com
Wed Sep 6 11:43:58 EDT 2006

Having problems with a couple M10i's running 7.3R3.6 with tunnel
pics...I have configured GRE tunnels between the routers and am able to
get routing protocols to work over the tunnels.  However, I am not able
to get transit traffic to traverse the tunnels in either direction.  The
routes to the remote network are via the tunnel, but can't get the
traffic to go.  When monitoring both routers' interface statistics, I
can see input and output packets increase along with remote output
packets, however; I can never see remote input packets increase from
either end.   Could there be a compatibility issue with the tunnel pic
and the version of code I am running?  Anybody see this symptom before?

Thank you,

Eric Mellott