[j-nsp] FW: join links

Tim Nagy tnagy76 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 10:40:25 EDT 2006

Hi Erol,

If you purchased an Adaptive Services Module (ASM) with the M7i (an option
at the time of purchase) then you can potentially use Multilink Frame Relay
(MLFR) to bundle those E1s together. Check your "show chassis hardware"
output to find out if you've got one.

You have two options for link bundling: FRF.15 or FRF.16. FRF.15 is
end-to-end whereas FRF.16 is MLFR UNI/NNI; the former is transparent to
frame relay networks provided that both endpoints are configured for FRF.15,
whereas the latter requires that the provider supports and is configured for
FRF.16.

There are configuration examples (for T1s, but the principles are the same)
here:

FRF.16:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos80/swconfig80-services/h
tml/lsq-config19.html#1036344

FRF.15:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos80/swconfig80-services/h
tml/lsq-config22.html#1041959

If you don't have an ASM in that M7i then you'll need an AS2 PIC or an LSQ
PIC to provide the same functionality. (A Link Services PIC can also be
used, but it doesn't provide the full CoS features of the other cards or the
ASM.)

Regards,
Tim