[j-nsp] QoS on P-12FE

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Wed Sep 27 10:28:46 EDT 2006

No, non-iq pics also support the show interface queue command. In this
case it did not work for either of us because the DFE cards don't
support visibility into queues given that multiple ports shares the same
queues anyway. Also you need an e-fpc to see queuing stuff:

harry at bart> show chassis hardware
Hardware inventory:
Item             Version  Part number  Serial number     Description
Chassis                                50533             M5
Midplane         REV 03   710-002650   HF1630            M5 Backplane
Power Supply A   Rev 03   740-002498   LK33306           DC Power Supply
Power Supply B   Rev 03   740-002498   LK33370           DC Power Supply
Display          REV 04   710-001995   HF1371            M10 Display
Board
Routing Engine   REV 01   740-003239   9001016212        RE-2.0
FEB              REV 09   710-002503   HE6207            Internet
Processor IIv1
FPC 0                                                    FPC <<<<
  PIC 0          REV 01   750-002963   AK8606            4x T3
  PIC 1          REV 03   750-000612   AB8412            2x OC-3 ATM, MM
  PIC 2          REV 02   750-002980   HA9315            1x G/E, 1000
BASE-SX
  PIC 3          REV 03   750-002971   HD2773            4x OC-3 SONET,
MM

harry at bart> show interfaces queue so-0/3/1
Ingress queue statistics are not applicable to this interface.

<<<different with e-fpc:

sharry at apu> show chassis hardware
Hardware inventory:
Item             Version  Part number  Serial number     Description
Chassis                                50893             M5
Midplane         REV 03   710-002650   HE0006            M5 Backplane
Power Supply A   Rev 03   740-002498   LM12110           DC Power Supply
Power Supply B   Rev 03   740-002498   LM12125           DC Power Supply
Display          REV 04   710-001995   HD2805            M10 Display
Board
Routing Engine   REV 0R   740-003239   SN                RE-2.0
FEB              REV 05   710-003311   HG8024            E-FEB
FPC 0                                                    E-FPC <<<<
  PIC 0          REV 01   750-002982   HB1142            1x Tunnel
  PIC 1          REV 03   750-002977   HA7180            2x OC-3 ATM, MM
  PIC 2          REV 04   750-005724   HB8622            2x OC-3 ATM-II
IQ, MM
  PIC 3          REV 03   750-002971   HE5547            4x OC-3 SONET,
MM

harry at apu> show interfaces queue so-0/3/0
Physical interface: so-0/3/0, Enabled, Physical link is Up
  Interface index: 139, SNMP ifIndex: 35
Forwarding classes: 4 supported, 4 in use
Egress queues: 4 supported, 8 in use
Queue: 0, Forwarding classes: best-effort
  Queued:
    Packets              :                     0                     0
pps
    Bytes                :                     0                     0
bps
  Transmitted:
    Packets              :                     0                     0
pps
    Bytes                :                     0                     0
bps
    Tail-dropped packets :                     0                     0
pps
    RED-dropped packets  :                     0                     0
pps
     Low, non-TCP        :                     0                     0
pps
     Low, TCP            :                     0                     0
pps
     High, non-TCP       :                     0                     0
pps
     High, TCP           :                     0                     0
pps
    RED-dropped bytes    :                     0                     0
bps
     Low, non-TCP        :                     0                     0
bps
     Low, TCP            :                     0                     0
bps
     High, non-TCP       :                     0                     0
bps
     High, TCP           :                     0                     0
bps
Queue: 1, Forwarding classes: expedited-forwarding
  Queued:
    Packets              :                     0                     0
pps
    Bytes                :                     0                     0
bps
  Transmitted:
    Packets              :                     0                     0
pps
    Bytes                :                     0                     0
bps
    Tail-dropped packets :                     0                     0
pps
    RED-dropped packets  :                     0                     0
pps
     Low, non-TCP        :                     0                     0
pps
     Low, TCP            :                     0                     0
pps
     High, non-TCP       :                     0                     0
pps
     High, TCP           :                     0                     0
pps
    RED-dropped bytes    :                     0                     0
bps
     Low, non-TCP        :                     0                     0
bps
     Low, TCP            :                     0                     0
bps
     High, non-TCP       :                     0                     0
bps
     High, TCP           :                     0                     0
bps
Queue: 2, Forwarding classes: assured-forwarding
  Queued:
    Packets              :                     0                     0
pps
    Bytes                :                     0                     0
bps
  Transmitted:
    Packets              :                     0                     0
pps
    Bytes                :                     0                     0
bps
    Tail-dropped packets :                     0                     0
pps
    RED-dropped packets  :                     0                     0
pps
     Low, non-TCP        :                     0                     0
pps
     Low, TCP            :                     0                     0
pps
     High, non-TCP       :                     0                     0
pps
     High, TCP           :                     0                     0
pps
    RED-dropped bytes    :                     0                     0
bps
     Low, non-TCP        :                     0                     0
bps
     Low, TCP            :                     0                     0
bps
     High, non-TCP       :                     0                     0
bps
     High, TCP           :                     0                     0
bps
Queue: 3, Forwarding classes: network-control
  Queued:
    Packets              :                     0                     0
pps
    Bytes                :                     0                     0
bps
  Transmitted:
    Packets              :                     0                     0
pps
    Bytes                :                     0                     0
bps
    Tail-dropped packets :                     0                     0
pps
    RED-dropped packets  :                     0                     0
pps
     Low, non-TCP        :                     0                     0
pps
     Low, TCP            :                     0                     0
pps
     High, non-TCP       :                     0                     0
pps
     High, TCP           :                     0                     0
pps
    RED-dropped bytes    :                     0                     0
bps
     Low, non-TCP        :                     0                     0
bps
     Low, TCP            :                     0                     0
bps
     High, non-TCP       :                     0                     0
bps
     High, TCP           :                     0                     0
bps